How to Apply for Financial Aid
Students may apply for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.gov. If the unsubsidized loan amount is exhausted, Federal Graduate PLUS Loan may be available. Private loans may be an option if no other sources of financial aid are available.
Students who would like to utilize federal aid are encouraged to complete their FAFSA at least 1 week before the start of their term to allow for processing time. Generally, students with no additional information required will receive an email confirmation of award within 3-5 days of receipt of the electronic FAFSA data. Maine residents are encouraged to complete the FAFSA by May 1 each year to meet the deadline set for the Maine State Grant program.
Financial Aid Eligibility
- Graduate students are full time at 6 credits or half time at 3 credits per 8-week term.
- Baccalaureate students are full time at 3 credits per 5-week term.
- Degree seeking students may take a term off without losing eligibility.
- Reach out to a Distance Education Concierge at 207-509-7155 for additional help and resources in paying for your education.
- Calculate your education expenses with the Net Price Calculator
- Animal Science
- Animal Health & Behavior
- Wildlife Conservation
- Marine Science
- Marine Biology & Sustainable Aquaculture
- Environmental Science and Climate Change
- Environmental Health & Wellness
- Urban Ecology & Sustainable Planning
- And more!
Why Enroll at Unity Environmental University?
Eight start dates per year for bachelor’s. Six start dates per year for master’s.
Earn your degree at the speed that works for you.
$470 per credit hour for bachelor’s and $650 per credit hour for master’s with zero hidden fees.
See where a degree from Unity Environmental University can take you.
Complete the form above to learn more about the 100% online programs and connect
with a member of Unity’s Distance Education team.
Why study at America’s Environmental University?
Since 1965, Unity Environmental University has been educating environmental professionals.
Our distinctive approach to learning provides students with an exceptional, high-quality education, enabling them to drive real change with leading-edge knowledge and expertise.
Unity Environmental University is a non-profit institution and fully accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).